This house was built in 1859 by Ferdinand De Lesseps who was born in Versailles, France, in 1805; he belongs to De Lesseps family which has a great history in the French diplomatic sector. He was appointed as a general consul of France in Egypt which helped him to know Egypt and to get close to Egyptians, their customs and traditions.
The registered part of the house consists of a rectangular space which is combined of two floors; a ground floor and a first floor. Next to the registered part and stick to it, there is another new building but has the same style and inside the wide garden, there is another more recent and huge building. All these buildings are surrounded by an iron fence with columns at southwest façade, a massive wall at the northeast façade, and a wall of another building topped with an iron fence with columns at the southwest side.
The house was built of lime stone (rocks), whereas most of the upper floor is ofwood, in the ceilings, floors, walls, and the girders which carry the ceiling.
The house, from the inside, consists of a reception which is square room with six doors; two of them overlook on the southeast façade; two open on the back garden, the fifth door leads to the room of belongings and the last one leads to the main entrance. Finally there are two small doors at the end of the entrance hall.
The upper floor is reached through a wooden stair with wooden handrail. The stair leads to a rectangular space, on its right side; there is a door that opens on the upper shelter, and another door that opens on a small balcony with a gable ceiling.To the left, there is a corridor that leads to the sleeping rooms and this corridor has three windows at the north and east sides.
The upper floor consists of three rooms, and each room has access to the other.